What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? Join us as Shane Lawlor shares his expertise in the world of chiropractic care on the PGA and European Tour. Shane gives us an in inside look at the type of care and teamwork that goes into a tour players program/routine.
Shane Lawlor is based out of Portlaoise, Ireland and is the chiropractor for several PGA and European Tour players, including
- Shane Lowry
- Padraig Harrington
- Peter Uhlein
- Ross Fisher
- Michael Hoey
Shane has been on tour for over 5 years and spends nearly 25 weeks per year on the road with the players. In this episode, he gives us some behind the scenes info on Shane Lowry’s most recent win at the WGC Bridgestone.
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
Shane Lawlor’s Background
- Shane graduated from the Welsh Institute of Chiropractic at the University of South Wales in 2006 with a BSc. in Chiropractic.
- He is one of Europe’s leading Golf Performance Therapists and is an expert in the treatment, screening and rehabilitation of golf injuries.
- Shane has traveled with professional golfers for over 5 years on both the European & PGA Tours for 25 weeks a year. His clients include world leading golfers and athletes.
- Shane’s professional golfers include Michael Hoey, Shane Lowry, Ross Fisher, Peter Uihlein and Padraig Harrington.
- Shane continues to travel in his spare time, researching and studying the best methods to help individuals achieve their ultimate goal.
- He is a level 3 certified medical professional with the Titleist Performance Institute and Lead Instructor for Active Release Techniques® in Europe.
- Shane is certified in Functional Integrated Needling, Fascial Manipulation, Kinesiotaping, Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM), Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation (DNS) and Neurokinetic Therapy (NKT®)
Highlights from this Episode
- We talk about how Shane got to where he is working on tour and how other fitness professionals can take similar steps if they want to work with professional athletes.
- Shane and I have a chance to talk about his experience at the WGC Bridgestone when his client Shane Lowry came away with the win.
- Shane wasn’t even there for the final hole, he had a plane to catch to get to Whistling Straights to prep for the PGA Championship. He tells the story of watching online and trying to keep up with the scores online between flights.
- We discuss some of the comments made on the telecast inferring that Shane Lowry “[clearly doesn’t put in much time at the gym],” which Shane has some opinions about 😉
- The team surrounding the players is a big part of Shane’s philosophy a golfer reaching his maximal potential. When you have a good team that communicates well, it’s much easier for that player to play his best golf.
- We discuss some of the concerns that many individuals have when debating chiropractic treatment:
- Will I need to continue going for ever?
- Is it just cracking and popping?
- What about manipulating the neck? Am I at risk for a stroke?
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Where to Find Shane Lawlor:
Facebook: Lawlor Clinic