Happy Friday my fellow, how’s-this-LIV-thing-gonna-shake-out golfer. Et tu Cameron Smith?
So, before you head into the weekend, let’s talk about the current energy crisis.
No. Not that one.
Did you know we are in a personal energy crisis?
Studies show that most adults feel tired at least three days a week. And some of us even feel tired every day.
We’re going to be focusing a lot this month on how you can actually CREATE more personal energy.
So, let’s kick it off with a completely achievable list of ways you can set yourself up for a high-energy day.
The best part is that they are quick to adopt … and they actually WORK!
7 Easy Morning Habits to Boost Your Energy:
1. Don’t hit the snooze button. Dozing for a few extra minutes can actually make you feel more tired and less focused during the day because it short-circuits your ability to get a full sleep cycle.
2. Drink a big glass of water. Being even a little bit dehydrated can make you feel tired, and after going an entire night without water your body needs it! And while you’re at it …
3. Splash your face with cold water … or take a cold shower. This will really wake you up! Cold water is invigorating, and it can trigger your body to send out endorphins, which are feel-good hormones.
4. Take a BIIIIIG stretch. Did you know that when you are in REM sleep, your skeletal muscles are actually paralyzed? This is just one reason why stretching when you wake up feels so good – plus, it can stimulate your body to release more of those endorphins.
5. Eat a healthy, low-sugar breakfast. Research shows that skipping breakfast can affect your performance later in the day. Skip the donuts/muffins/bagel and instead go for lean proteins (eggs or tofu), veggies and/or fruits, whole grains, and healthy fats.
6. Get some sunshine. Not only is it energizing in the moment, but it also helps your body create energy-promoting vitamin D. Plus, it helps regulate your hormones to improve your sleep at night.
7. Do something fun or energizing. Listen to your favorite music or upbeat podcast, work out, try a morning meditation – whatever appeals to you!
It’s the small, consistent actions you take every day that adds up to big results.
That’s why we focus on creating small healthy habits with our Crew … because it’s the CONSISTENCY that matters the most!
Your #1 Fan,
PS – You may notice that working out is absent from the list. For this list, I wanted to start small.
Now, as counterintuitive as it sounds that burning a bunch of energy during a workout magically gives you more energy…I promise it works.
If you need a workout to follow to boost your energy (and help your game), then I’d give the 18STRONG Membership a shot.