We are changing it up this week; rather than having an interview with a top golf pro, we are publishing one of our LIVE weekly Q&A sessions with the 18STRONG Crew. These are questions that I’m sure many of you are wondering as well so we brought our buddy Tony Soaib, one of the worlds top Strength/Conditioning and Nutritional coaches. Tony who is a steel trap of information when it comes to fitness, performance and nutrition, In this call, Tony helps us answer questions from the Crew.
Highlights from this Episode
- What should I be looking for when looking for a protein to supplement me post-workout?
- I’ve heard most people’s bodies can only process 30-40g of protein in a sitting, so to get to 180-190g a day you’ll need multiple protein-rich meals. Any truth to that?
- What are your thoughts on using a Magnesium supplement to help with muscle recovery and helping with sleep and any other suggestions on reducing muscle soreness from workouts and activity?
- My high protein diet has caused some irregularity in my trips to the bathroom, will this have long-term effects on my colon or kidneys?
- What are the effects of cycling carbs and proteins when it comes to caloric intake?
- I’m suffering from pain in my upper back, would you suggest icing it and keeping my training going, seeing an osteopath, or resting?
- Why do workouts change based on your goal (Fat loss = more reps, bulking heavier but fewer reps, etc.)
- What is Tony’s program for your average golfer that is 10-15 lbs overweight and is looking for more mobility?
LINKSOUL: For your 20% discount on LINKSOUL gear, go to 18strong.com/linksoul or click the logo above.
LivPur: For your 15% discount on LivPur products, go to LivPur.com (or click the logo above) and use the code “18STRONG”.
Brain.fm: For your Free Trial and 20% discount on the Brain.fm App, go to Brain.fm/18STRONG (or click the logo above) and use the code “18STRONG”.
More Cool Stuff to Check Out:
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over to the 18STRONG Movement group on Facebook.
18STRONG Pro Shop (Get your 18STRONG gear!)
18STRONG Resources (All of the cool stuff we recommend: products, books, golf stuff, etc – and discount codes for the 18STRONG Crew)