I’m super excited to bring Adam Young back on the show this week. Adam has taught golf all over the world, has a best-selling book The Practice Manual: The Ultimate Guide for Golfers, and now has created an online training course to help golfers all over the world become better ball strikers in The Strike Plan.
In this interview, Adam helps us understand some of the basic, yet often misunderstood, priorities when it comes to hitting the ball better and more consistently. He also shares some of the strategies that they have been implementing with students to practice much more effectively.
About Adam Young
- Adam is a teaching professional that has worked with golfers of all levels
- Leadbetter trained teaching professional
- Originally from the UK, currently teaching golf in Santa Barbara, CA at Don Parsons Golf Academy
- Adam’s website www.AdamYoungGolf.com is one of the most read golf instruction blogs on the web.
- Adam is the author of the best-selling book The Practice Manual: The Ultimate Guide for Golfers
- Adam has created a new online course called The Strike Plan, which is a structured guide with online videos to make you a better ball striker
Highlights from this Episode with Adam Young:
- Adam shares a new model of coaching that they have been using very successfully revolving around group practice sessions.
- The group dynamic allows for more focus on strategy and structured practice vs the typical technique-based individual sessions
- Adam explains the “2 glasses” analogy to convey the lessons of increasing your amount of potential and reaching your current potential
- We discuss some of the concepts in his new program The Strike Plan including:
- Face Strike
- Low point
- The gear effect
- We also dig deeper into the 2 factors that Adam says are the most important when it comes to ball striking:
- where you strike the face of the club
- where and how deep you strike the ground
- We talk about the driver and how you can possibly add 20-40 yards simply by hitting the ball in a different spot on the face of the club
- And finally, we discuss why the pros hit the ball so differently than most of us and why what we are doing to mimic them is completely wrong!!
Where to Find Adam:
The Strike Plan: The Strike Plan
PGA Tour Mobile App: PGATour Mobile App watch live action and keep up on the latest happenings in golf on your laptop, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Blackberry!
SuperSpeed Golf: Superspeedgolf.com
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!