Ali Gilbert is one of those people that has a contagious personality.
She always seems to be living life and having a blast following her passion, which is health, fitness and #GolfersWhoLift.
But don’t be fooled by her love of everything pink, 90’s hip hop, and crazy hairstyles, she is the real deal when it comes to strength training, golf fitness and everything performance.
Join Ali and I as we discuss everything from the importance of golfers pushing some real weight in the gym, to our conversations about hydration, nutrition, and of all things, Beer and Bacon! (And how you are allowed to have both!)
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
- Collegiate soccer player
- International speaker/presenter
- Springfield College in Massachusetts
- Works with golfers of all levels from amateur to professional
- Loves Snowboarding and strength training
- Working on a project for higher level golf fitness and training routines and fitness
- Beer: you can still have it! You just need to know some of the important tricks to proper nutrition and hydration
- There is no such thing as “golf muscles”
- The importance is addressing which joints and muscles experience wear and tear in the designated activity and what “energy systems” are used
- “Energy systems”- What type of activity are you doing, more explosive or more endurance (think sprinter vs. marathon runner)
- It’s not your cardiovascular endurance that is going to fail you on the course, it’s your muscular endurance.
- The best way to increase your muscular endurance is by utilizing weights in your routine.
- Dilute your Gatorade
- Use Celtic Sea Salt in your water
- Ali even utilizes IV hydration with some of her clients and professional players
- Oatmeal (as a slow digesting carb to sustain some energy)
The Trend of Golf Fitness
- Starting to see more of a team approach with the teaching professionals, medical, and fitness pros.
- Golfers need to realize that fitness is not going to fix everything about their golf game
- You need to make sure you have good information before blindly following.
Last Piece of Advice:
- Don’t be afraid to lift weights
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Make sure you eat enough protein
- You can still drink your beer and have your bacon
Where You Can Find Ali
- Twitter: @AliGfit9
- Greenwich DX Sports Lab: http://www.gdxslab.com/
- **please note that CLAY’s new affiliation with GDXSL is not yet updated on the website. I will update the link when the new info is up because you gotta see the pics of this place and the technology they have for their golfers!!**