What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? Join us as Dr. Brett Winchester shares his expertise in the world of chiropractic work and human performance in the world of golf.
In this episode Brett gives us an in depth look at the mechanics of the foot and why it is such an important piece in the golf swing.
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
Dr. Brett Winchester’s Background
- Founder of Winchester Spine and Sport Chiropractic
- Grew up in St. Louis
- Travels to speak and teach internationally for DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization) and The Motion Palpation Institute
- Teaches at Logan University of Chiropractic in St. Louis
- Consultant for throwing Athletes
- Former Soccer Player
Highlights from this Episode
- Brett explains the basic anatomy of the foot.
- We discuss alignment of the feet and the common faults that are seen as the golfer starts his/her swing
- Brett identifies 2 main foot dysfunctions and why he believes
Our feet are neurologically dying
- The Foot Tripod and why it is so important
- We discuss how to correct some of the more common issues of the feet like limited ankle motion, plantar fasciitis, etc
- Brett gives some great resources for exercises (see the links below)
- Orhtotics: Are they good, bad, or both?
- We discuss the topic of golf shoes and which ones might be right for you
What Are You Most Excited About?
The DNS Golf (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization) Seminar coming to St. Louis in September 2015.
Where to Find Brett Winchester
Facebook: Winchester Spine and Sport
Other Links Mentioned
We will have some better videos of the following up soon (these will give you the basic Idea for now, until we have a chance to film some better videos with Dr. Winchester):