Cate Ritter’s commitment to better health began as a quest for personal improvement but continued as a desire to help others professionally.
Following a successful career as a top junior and collegiate golfer, Cate shifted her focus to nutrition. Her experience working in professional kitchens in the U.S. and abroad, as well as her athletic background and unique perspectives on wellness, have given Cate a variety of tools to help others effectively achieve their goals.
Cate Ritter’s Background
- Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Health Writer, Author of THE LEAN 18, Founder of Cate’s Nutrition Kitchen (.com), and Director of Nutrition for MAKE THE TURN Performance.
- Cate’s approach: Delicious + Doable = Sustainable. If you enjoy the foods you eat and they fit into your schedule, its easier to maintain the healthy lifestyle.
- Her work has been featured on ABC15 News, The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News and World Report, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Golf Digest, Reader’s Digest, Outside Magazine, Golf Channel Magazine, and more. She’s also Contributing Editor for Laird Superfood.
Highlights from this Episode
- The focus on simplicity and the importance of building healthy habits that fit into our schedule as well as the difference between understanding “food as fuel” and “food as nourishment.”
- How to properly read food labels to get the best nutrition for your buck, as well as discussing the importance of protein and breakfast as energy sources.
- The importance of fats in a diet and battling the misconception of “low-fat” and “no-fat” as being the healthier option. She also talks about the differences in healthy and unhealthy fats and the importance of preparation when it comes to setting these habits.
- How to eat more “mindfully” and the importance of aware eating as a habit. She discusses how when living a very fast-paced life, it’s easy to eat while multi-tasking but being aware while eating is shown to both increase happiness, health, and flavor.
- We talk about the new trend of collagen as a source of protein and it’s multiple health benefits as well as different ways to implement it into your diet like bone broth.
- We also discuss gut health and one of Cate’s homemade remedies: Kombucha.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What is your walk-out song?
Superbad by James Brown
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with, and where?
I’m happy playing just about anywhere with my hubby. I love just going out to Poppy Hills here in Pebble Beach and playing 9 holes in the early evening.
What has you most excited in your career/mission right now?
Making healthy eating and healthy living delicious and doable, so it’s sustainable.
Parting words of advice?
Eat whole foods or at least products made from whole, single-ingredient foods.
Where to find Cate Ritter:
Email: [email protected]
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.
PGATour Mobile App: http://www.pgatour.com/mobile.html
The greatest self soft-tissue and myofascial release products in the world!!
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!