Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Chris Finn. Chris is a licensed physical therapist and the founder of Par4Success, a premeir golf performance facility in Raliegh North Carolina. Chris’ passion for helping his athletes, clients, and just people, in general, is the driving force behind everything he does. After struggling through a major medical event not too long ago, while building his new go He is regarded as the premier Golf Fitness, Performance & Medical Expert in North Carolina.
After struggling through a major medical event not too long ago, while building his new golf performance company, Chris has a new found outlook on his mission to not only help the golfer, but also other entrepreneurs like him self in the golf fitness world. He is regarded as the premier Golf Fitness, Performance & Medical Expert in North Carolina.
Given his background in developing performance programs for golfers of all ages, we dig into the real fundamentals of a great fitness/performance program for the different levels of golfers (juniors, high level amateurs, college players, pro’s, and especially the “Bogey Proof Golfers” that listen to this show!)
Chris Finn’s Background
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Titleist Performance Institute Certified Medical Professional
- Trained to perform Trigger Point Dry Needling in North Carolina
- In addition to his passion for golf, Chris’ first passion was basketball.
- While completing his Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy, he was heavily involved in the strength and conditioning program for the basketball team.
- He also publishes new content on a regular basis for PT Strength Coach on the latest happenings in rehab and sports performance.
- Since starting Par4Success in 2011, Chris has and continues to work with Touring Professionals, elite level juniors & amateurs as well as weekend warriors.
Highlights from this Episode
- We talk about how Chris recently had a near death experience related to a pre-existing heart condition, and how he came back from it. It’s completely changed the way he thinks about approaching fitness, and training young golfers.
- How young golfers are pushed far too hard in preparing for a professional career. Chris has seen first-hand the effect this can have on golfers, and aims to train them out of this habit, along with proper movement training.
- The exercises with the biggest bang for your buck in terms of improving your golf game: rotation in your hips, thoracic spine, shoulders, and neck. If you fail at any of those four, forget everything else until you improve rotation in those areas.
- How someone who is time poor (married, kids etc.) can most effectively use their time to boost their fitness and golf game.
- The problem of social media proliferating complex and sometimes dangerous movements, such as box jumps etc. These exercises can be great, but only after basic movement and rotation has been mastered.
- Chris’ Facebook group that is designed to help medical and fitness professionals to improve their businesses, and create a community about best practices and give feedback to one another.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you choose to spend a day on the course with, and where?
My grand father at Augusta
What is your biggest goal for Par4Success in 2017?
Continuing to get better at our systems of training, and improving the results of our members.
Where to find Chris Finn:
Want a Custom Program From Chris?
If you’re looking to have a custom designed program designed by Chris and the team at Par4Success, can! And you don’t have to be local. With their new mobile system, you can connect with them from anywhere in the world and track your progress right on your phone? To inquire simply Click Here!
Get a copy of Jeff’s Best-Selling Book: “The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout”
Get your very own 18STRONG t-shirt
Check out the 18STRONG Complete At Home Warm-Up Video and Cheat Sheet
Check out the 18STRONG Flexibility Guide
Check out the 18STRONG e-Book and Video Series: 5 Yards in Less Than 5 Minutes
Connect with 18STRONG
18STRONG’s Facebook Page
18STRONG’s Twitter Profile
18STRONG’s Instagram Profile
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!!