Dr. Melvin Deese and Evan Hugall from Imapct Cryotherapy join us this week to discuss the surge of increased use of a relatively new technology (cryosaunas/cryochambers) that has evolved from an age old practice; crypotherapy.
In recent years, cryotherapy chambers have been studied and used to help treat issues of inflammation and recovery amongst general population clients and athletes alike. As of recently, there have been noted very possible benefits of the modality not just for rehabilitative and preventative use, but also for enhanced performance in the training room, sports fields, and yes, most importantly, the golf course.
In this episode, Dr. Dees and Evan help us understand the technology/modality better and share how golfers at all levels are using it in attempt to lower scores.
Background: Impact Cryotherapy, Dr. Deese, and Evan Hugall
- Dr. Deese serves as the Medical Director of Impact Cryotherapy and is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and foot and ankle specialist.
- He has worked and trained with some of the most notable sports medicine specialists in the world and has cared for patients and treat sports injuries from the professional and collegiate ranks to high school and recreational athletes.
- His ground-breaking research on calcaneocuboid ligament sprain has drawn national and international attention.
- Throughout his career as an orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Deese has been committed to seeking new and innovative means to improve the health and lifestyles of patients and athletes at large. That interest in improving performance and enhancing lives drew him to Impact Cryotherapy. Now, blending his vast knowledge of biometrics and our natural recuperative abilities, he serves as a crucial checkpoint for ongoing product development.
- Dr. Deese is also the founder of Summit Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery and has extensive experience in treating sports injuries and rehabilitation.
- Senior Sales Specialist at Impact
- One of the core team who launched Impact Cryotherapy, Evan Hugall has now administered 20,000+ cryosauna sessions and is a total pro at putting first-timers at ease.
- Having seen so many life-changing moments since the beginning, Evan’s top desire for the company is to see Impact cryosaunas helping people all around the world.
- The success of Impact Cryotherapy is noteworthy. In the short life of the company, Impact Cryotherapy has become the leading manufacturer and seller of cryosaunas in the US, having sold 360+ units in 39 states and 7 foreign countries. No other cryosauna or cryochamber manufacture or distributor has earned the ETL Mark for their entire product line. No other U.S. cryosauna or cryochamber manufacture or distributor has earned the CE Marking.
Highlights from this Episode
- Evan and Dr. Melvin kick off the episode by defining cryotherapy, clearing up misconceptions about the difference between the advanced chambers they have and just “putting something on ice,” as well as what makes Impact Cryo stand out in the field of physical therapy.
- The effects, benefits, and integration of this form of therapy into the golf world, and how professional golfers like Jordan Spieth are utilizing this to advance their game.
- Evan talks about the range of use in the different types of facilities they have set up their system with; from wellness and physical therapy facilities to fitness centers and massage and spa facilities, the range of uses can benefit any athlete in recovering faster and stronger than before.
- Deese goes into standard protocol when using the chambers when people start to see/feel the benefits, and what is the optimal usage.
- Redefining how we objectively measure inflammation to show how we can tell the difference by using this technology.
Be sure to check out Impact Cryotherapy at the links below to learn more:
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!