This week I continue the Facebook Live podcasts talking with PGA fitness coach, Damon Goddard. In this episode, we talk about how Damon has adjusted to the quarantine from a personal and professional perspective.
Damon also gets into the tools and tech he is utilizing with his athletes during this time, how a recent injury has affected him physically and mentally, and the new PGA Tour initiative he is a part of, called “PGA Tour Active.”
At the end of the episode, Damon answers questions from the 18Strong audience like changes he has made to his nutrition after his injury, how he is monitoring his client’s nutrition, and recovery protocols that he uses with his clients.
Highlights from this Episode
- How he has adjusted to the quarantine and pivots he had to make with his coaching moving it to online and virtual platforms. He talks on how while this time is challenging for coaches and physical therapists, it can be used to grow your communication skills on how to make corrections without physically touching the athlete.
- Some of the tools and tech pieces he has been able to utilize like Fusionetics to deliver programing to athletes, the Whoop strap to log athlete analytics, and Zoom to conference and call.
- How he encourages journaling for his athletes to maintain mental health awareness and keeping note of the “core 4:” Body, Being, Balance, and Business.
- How a soccer injury at a young age catalyzed his interest in fitness and physiology as well as his career. He also talks on a recent injury he sustained that almost had him down and out.
- The new PGA Tour initiative his is active in, “PGA Tour Active,” creating a pool of wisdom from the top athletes, fitness professionals and strength coaches in the game.
- Damon answers questions from the 18Strong audience like changes he has made to his nutrition through his current situation, how he is monitoring his clients nutrition and food intake, and other recovery protocols that he uses with his clients.
Head over to Proze.com Use code GODDARD at checkout for 30% off your order and to send a product to somebody else.
SuperSpeed Golf: Use the code “18STRONG” at SuperSpeedGolf.com
LINKSOUL: For your 20% discount on LINKSOUL gear, go to 18strong.com/linksoul or click the logo below.