Demi Runas, LPGA golfer and one of Golf.com’s “Most Beautiful Women in Golf” joins us in this episode to share her experiences as a professional golfer and the changes that she has made in the gym that have made such an impact on the course.
As a young, up and coming professional golfer, Demi Runas has had some amazing experiences on the golf course. In this episode of the 18STRONG Podcast, she shares some of the highs and lows , as well as some key lessons she has learned that have made her a stronger player. Demi is also known for her work ethic and impressive fitness training, which she attributes a lot of her success to.
She is a great role model for all golfers, and has a great message when it comes to working smarter and harder in the gym. A message that she especially hopes to pass on to the female golfers interested in improving both their game and their health.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Demi Runas’s Background
- Grew up playing golf, starting around the age of 4
- Finished 9th on the Volvik Race for the Card money list by closing in a tie for 2nd at the Symetra Tour Championship to move from 15th to 9th.
- Posted two second place results and three additional top 10 finishes
- Finished 3rd in the Gaelle Truet Rookie of the Year
- Three-time Big West Player of the Year at UC Davis
- Won the 2013 Big West Women’s Golf Championship and guided team to four Big West conference titles
- Four time First Team All Big West
Highlights from this Episode
- Demi tells us about her college coach and how she was/is such an inspiration to her
- She recounts her introduction to golf as a youngster and how she has loved the game since she was very young
- Demi recounts her experiences on the course including some of her most frustrating and most gratifying moments
- She tells an amazing story of the day she earned her LPGA card by shooting lights out and getting into a playoff in her last event of the year in 2014
- We discuss her training program and her work with Chang Lee at Exos; how “training properly” has revolutionized her game and her power
- We especially touch on why it is so important for women to work on strength and power in their workouts to improve their game
- Demi shares some of her nutritional strategies that she feels are key to stamina on the course
- And we discuss some of the mental toughness that she has developed over the years, some of which she has had since she was little, and some which has taken a lot of work and effort to develop.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
One or 2 of the Most Influential People, Books, or Experiences in Your Life?
Her college coach Anne Walker
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
What are you excited about in your near future?
Playing her greatest golf
Where to Find Demi Runas:
LPGA player profile: Demi Runas
Facebook: Demi Runas Golf