What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? Join us as Jaacob Bowden from Swing Man Golf shares his expertise of training for clubhead speed and gives us an in inside look at some of the secrets to hitting longer drives.
Jacob Bowden is a professional golfer and is one of the world’s leading experts in gaining clubhead speed. He has worked with golfers of all ages, levels and on just about every major Tour, and consistently see results of more than 12-16 mph gained in less than 30 days!
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
Jaacob Bowden’s Background
- A Professional Golfer
- The Official Swing Speed Trainer of the eGolf Gateway Pro Tour
- Senior Writer at GolfWRX
- The original founder of Swing Man Golf
- Jaacob is a “Top 100 Most Popular Teacher”
- He has made cuts in various tour events with rounds in the 60s and 70s
- He finished 5th in the Speedgolf World Championships
- Won the Pinnacle Distance Challenge with a televised 381-yard drive
- He is considered by many to be the world’s leading expert in swing speed training with his tour player and amateur clients who typically pick up 12-16 mph in the first 30 days of swing speed training.
Highlights from this Episode
- Jaacob shares his story from growing up in St. Louis, MO to becoming one of the world’s leading experts in gaining swing speed.
- He didn’t start his journey to be a professional until after college and working several years in the corporate world.
- He went from a 14 handicap to a professional golfer in a ridiculous amount of time
- Jaacob talks about his mentors Dan Shauger and Mike Austin and how they changed his golf swing and ultimately his career path
- Jaacob tells us about his long drive competitions and what his training consisted of during that time
- He gives us his 2 biggest keys to gaining speed in your swing
- Jaacob explains how his system at SwingManGolf.com has helped thousands get more clubhead speed in short period and how you can take advantage of it, too
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
CaddyShack (although this was a very difficult decision for him to commit)
What are you excited about in your near future?
He’s most excited about getting updated content out for Swing Man Golf and working with some new clients, like the guys at the Michael Breed Academy
Where to Find Jaacob Bowden
Other Links Mentioned
Adam Young on the 18STRONG Podcast