Jason Lindsay from TOPTEAM Fitness is an expert in athletic performance, especially when it comes to golf performance. Working with Division 1 golfers, like the ones at UNC Charlotte as well as professional golfers, and other athletes, Jason and his team have a plan for every athlete and individual that walk through their doors.
Not only do they help them with their specific sport or workouts, but they address nutrition, medical/corrective needs, and create a winning blueprint for them to follow and take ownership of.
On top of his fitness facilities, with his consulting company, Project 360, Jason not works with professional and collegiate level golfers to develop a plan for their growth and development, he also helps fitness business owners and entrepreneurs build their businesses. He does this by coaching/mentoring them to create or adjust their business plan in order to maximize profits and exposure based on their individual situation, space, location, etc.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Jason Lindsay’s Background
- Jason is the owner of TOPTEAM Fitness and JWL Project 360.
- He is a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a minor in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- Certified by the Titleist Performance Institute as a Level 3 Fitness Professional, Level 2 Junior Coach, and Level 2 Power Coach. Accredited by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Health Fitness Specialist.
- Jason’s passion for physiology and biomechanics has led him to work in the wellness and strength and conditioning field for the past ten years. He has experience with touring professionals on the PGA Tour and currently works with players on the Web.com Tour and the LPGA Tour.
- Jason is the official fitness consultant for, one of the top College golf programs in the nation, UNC Charlotte Golf. Jason’s mission is to provide each client with a unique comprehensive golf fitness and wellness plan. His companies pride themselves on maximizing performance while decreasing the risk of injury through the application of functional movement, strength and conditioning, chiropractic care, massage therapy, nutrition, and biomechanics.
- He specializes in business consulting to optimize revenue generation at each golf facility, using his established and progressive business model.
- Jason also consults with Life Fitness
Highlights from this Episode
- Jason shares his background growing up in Southern California and what brought him to Charlotte, NC
- Discusses how going through Jason Glass’ mentorship program and connecting with Greg Rose/TPI really helped him develop his vision and mission for what he is doing now
- Jason discusses what they do at TOPTEAM Fitness to help build stronger and more competitive athletes; including their full discipline approach
- Jason walks us through what a week of training looks like for one of his professional golfers when she is competing that week (this is specific for her, not a generalized program design)
- Sunday-Travel day
- Monday- “break the travel” therapy dominant, foam rolling, etc
- Tuesday- Core and bodyweight workouts, soft tissue
- Wednesday- likely practice round, some soft tissue
- Thursday- Quick burst exercises, short bouts, high intensity (day of 1st round)
- Friday- Off
- Sat/Sunday- depends on whether she made the cut, if so, likely more recovery and soft tissue focused
- JWL Project 360: Jason’s consulting company helps 3 main audiences
- Professional golfers
- Collegiate Golfers
- Golf Fitness professionals looking to build their businesses
- Jason goes into depth on how he is helping fitness professional build their practices in the country clubs and elsewhere by helping them do the proper research and design the right business plan for their market and abilities.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Happy Gilmore (Has never seen CaddyShack!)
One or 2 of the Most Influential People, Books, or Experiences in Your Life?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
What are you excited about in your near future?
Building a new TOPTEAM facility!
Working with local physicians on building new protocols for post surgical patients
Last Piece of Advice
Don’t try to reinvent the wheel
Where to Find Jason Lindsay:
website: TOPTEAM Fitness
Facebook: TOPTEAM Fitness
To contact Jason directly: jlindsay@