This week I am joined by yoga instructor, personal trainer, lifestyle coach and golfer, Jessika Shelton. Jess helps golfers focus on eliminating their pain and increasing their health to create an amazing life while they build their golf game.
Jess was an active athlete in school playing softball, swim, track, cheer, and water polo. Looking for a change in scenery, she became certified in Yoga in 2011. Jess’ love of teaching lead her to more certifications in Pilates, Personal Training, and now being TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) Certified.
Jess’ mission is to use the skills she has learned in yoga, health and lifestyle to improve her student’s golf games, and lead them to a better life.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Jessika Shelton’s Background
- Jess was an active athlete in school playing softball, swim, track, cheer, and water polo.
- Jess is now certified in yoga, personal training, pilates and TPI.
- She studied nursing in college and worked at a hospital as a phlebotomist
- Jess works with leading professionals for their best tips, tactics, and advice from their successes and failures.
Highlights from this Episode
- The biggest health and injury issues people come to Jess for, and how she fixes them.
- How changes in lifestyle can affect your golf game, and what things you can do to improve it.
- Finding your ‘why’.
- Using yoga to help with your golf, and what you should know before going in to the class.
- Bringing mental awareness to golf related aches and pains through yoga.
- A few simple exercises anyone can do to increase their mindfulness in general.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
If you could spend a day on the course with one person in the world (past or present), who would it be, why, and what course would you play?
Gary Player; Torrey Pines San Diego, CA
Paige Spiraniac; Cypress Point, Pebble Beach, CA
What has you most excited for this coming year/ what is your mission
New Video Product made by golfer’s and for golf guys who’ve ever dealt with pain, fat gain and mobility issues.
Last piece of advice?
Find your Why? And Don’t let Pain KILL your Golf Game!
Where to Find Jessika Shelton:
Other Links Mentioned