What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? Join us as Dr. Jimmy Yuan shares his expertise in the world of Kettlebells, Athletic Performance, and Golf. Jimmy helps us understand why Kettlebells have become so popular in the fitness world in recent years and how they can be used effectively in your training.
Jimmy is a chiropractor in the Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ area. Along with many of his other certifications and specialties (ART, DNS, SFMA, etc.) Jimmy is also a Strong First certified Kettlebell instructor, which is basically the most bad ass kettlebell certification a coach can get. Jimmy utilizes all of these specialties when working with his “Warriors” as he likes to call his clients. This includes warriors of all levels, from Professional Athletes (Pro Warriors), Weekend Warriors (weekend athlete), and the Urban Warrior (desk jockey).
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
Dr. Jimmy Yuan’s Background
- Dr. Jimmy Yuan is a chiropractor, practicing at Warrior Restoration in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from the State University of New York, Binghamton
- Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the New York Chiropractic College.
- Fellowship in medical acupuncture from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- He is a full body Active Release Techniques (ART) instructor
- Titleist Certified Golf Fitness Instructor (Medical 3 and Fitness 2).
- Jimmy has consulted for multiple professional sports teams and athletes (PGA, LPGA, MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL), including being a consultant for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Highlights from This Episode
- Jimmy starts by giving his background and how he became one of the most sought after chiropractors in Arizona and especially in the golf world.
- I ask Jimmy, “What’s a Kettlebell? and Why should the golfers be using them?”
- He explains his background in kettlebells and why he utilizes them in his practice and his own training routines.
- Kettlebells can be used very effectively by beginners and very advance trainees for many different results. Jimmy gives us a few things to be aware of before just jumping in and using an object that is foreign and often too heavy.
- Jimmy’s 2 recommended KB lifts:
- Turkish Getup
- He has had the privilege of working side by side with some of the greatest coaches in the world and shares some of the does and don’t that he learned over the years.
Caddyshack or Happy Gilmore?
One Person in the Golf World You’d like to ride in a Cart with for 18 Holes:
What are you excited about in your near future?
Where to Find Dr. Jimmy Yuan:
Other Links Mentioned
Strong First (Kettlebell course and certification)