Jonathan Bailor, author of the NY Times and USA Today Bestselling book, “The Calorie Myth,” joins us in this episode to share his experience in the world of health and nutrition and to dispel the long believed, but rarely successful “Eat Less, Exercise More” philosophy on weight loss and health.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Jonathan Bailor’s Background
- Jonathan Bailor is an internationally recognized wellness expert who specializes in using modern science and technology to simplify health.
- He has collaborated with top scientists for more than 10 years to analyze and apply over 1,300 studies. His work has been endorsed by top doctors and scientists from Harvard Medical School, Johns’ Hopkins, The Mayo Clinic, The Cleveland Clinic, and UCLA.
- Jonathan is the founder of SANESolution.com and serves as the CEO for the wellness technology company Yopti®.
- He authored the New York Times and USA Today bestselling book The Calorie Myth,
- Hosts a popular syndicated health radio show The SANE Show
- And regularly blogs on The Huffington Post.
- Additionally, Bailor has registered over 25 patents, spoken at Fortune 100 companies and TED conferences for over a decade, and served as a Senior Program Manager at Microsoft where he helped create Nike+ Kinect Training and XBox Fitness.
Highlights from this Episode
- Jonathan starts out by answering the question “How did we get it so wrong for so long?” talking about the idea of calorie counting and the “Eat less, exercise more” philosophy
- Jonathan explains a few of the analogies in his book that really drive home some of the major concepts that are fundamentally different than what most of us have been taught, like:
- Our bodies are like a clogged drain
- Sugar is basically the new cigarette
- The SANE solution (which is his solution for helping us eat more and exercise less!)
- Jonathan helps us understand why the concept of preaching moderation, especially in recommended guidelines is so wrong. You wouldn’t suggest someone smoke in moderation, or simply smoke smaller cigarettes, would you?!
- Jonathan shares with us the keys to eating smarter, SANE foods, and why they create a much more efficient environment in your body that will help you burn more fat, feel much better, and ultimately play a much better game of golf!
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Happy Gilmore (as he has NEVER SEEN CADDYSHACK! but he’s not a golfer, so we forgive him;-)
One or 2 of the Most Influential People, Books, or Experiences in Your Life?
The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People by Steven Covey
Where to Find Jonathan Bailor:
Facebook: SANE Solution