Today I am very excited to announce our guest. My good friend, Jordan Jeske.
Jordan is a performance coach specializing in Golf Fitness through the Titleist Performance Institute, bringing the best in golf health and fitness to Edmonton and around the world.
Young or old, Jordan believes in getting his athletes moving better so they can feel and perform better on and off the course. He is passionate about getting his athletes to be the best version of themselves.
Jordan brings a level of enthusiasm and encouragement through his unique training style that is infectious to anyone around him.
Jordan Jeske’s Background
- Jordan was born and Raised in Edmonton, AB. Growing up he loved playing sports and being active.
- He started his career as a young football player at the age of 8 and played soccer, basketball and track and field through the years.
- Jordan didn’t always know he wanted to be a Performance Coach. He had a career as a Journeyman Carpenter for close to a decade before he decided that wasn’t the life for him.
- Jordan takes the approach that the only way of making a sustainable change in your life is to understand what you are doing and why you are doing it.
Highlights from this Episode
- Jordan’s background and how he came to quit his job as a carpenter, and follow his passion of health and fitness.
- Some of the biggest trends and habits that Jordan sees in his students, that everyone should be working on.
- We talk about the main differences in the way that Jordan used to train for golf, football etc., and how he trains his students now. The important thing is to know what your body is capable of from a mobility point of view, and then working out a routing around that.
- Jordan places a big focus on joint integrity and making sure the body is capable of moving properly, before focusing on things like power, agility, rotation etc.
- Jordan’s take on the longevity of golfer’s careers. There is an opinion out there that due to bigger/harder swings etc., golfers will have shorter careers. We deep dive into that and what Jordan sees in himself and his students.
How often do you get to play golf these days?
40-50 rounds per year.
Whose game would you take off the tee, mid-iron, and short game?
Tee: Sergio Garcia or Jason Day
Mid-iron: Fred Couples
Short game: Steve Stricker
What’s an exercise that is attributed to ‘golf fitness’, that you hate?
Anything that looks like a golf swing.
What is your mission moving forward into 2017?
Bring the Edmonton community together through golf.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
Mark Wahlberg at Augusta
Where to find Jordan Jeske:
Get a copy of Jeff’s Best-Selling Book: “The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout”
Get your very own 18STRONG t-shirt
Check out the 18STRONG Complete At Home Warm-Up Video and Cheat Sheet
Check out the 18STRONG Flexibility Guide
Check out the 18STRONG e-Book and Video Series: 5 Yards in Less Than 5 Minutes
Connect with 18STRONG
18STRONG’s Facebook Page
18STRONG’s Twitter Profile
18STRONG’s Instagram Profile
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!!