Kolby Tullier’s talent helps him identify the problem by simply watching a little bit of video. Whether he’s evaluating the way a golfer balances during a swing, or the way a football player cuts left while running the ball, Kolby is able to tell why an athlete moves the way he does. Even more importantly he sees how his performance can be improved.
As a personal trainer, Kolby has worked with every type of athlete – from high school athletes and CEOs to those looking to improve their weekend tennis games. His portfolio of athletes he has trained has grown to include NFL players Matt Flynn, Steven Ridley and Terrance Toliver and PGA golfers John Peterson and Andrew Loupe. Kolby joins us today to talk about when working with such powerhouse athletes, what can be done to bump them up to the next level with their game.
Kolby Tullier’s Background
- As a BioMechanics Specialist, Kolby Tullier has been in the sports performance industry for more than 20 years.
- His Stable of golfers includes top names such as Justin Thomas, Smiley Kaufman, Bud Cauley, Harold Varner III, Lexi Thompson, Michelle Wei, and many more.
- His Approach: In any sport, you can have great athletes who perform and play at a high level, but they can still have imbalances and weaknesses in their kinetic chain. I find those imbalances and get them to perform at a level they never dreamed.
Highlights from this Episode
- Kolby kicks the episode off talking about “The Stable,” how he finds and works with his athletes, and what led to him moving to Joey D’s Performance Center.
- The difference between raw strength and functional strength.
- Stories of clients he has worked with demonstrating the importance of functional strength how subtle differences in training can make all of the difference.
- The key factor that you can’t have fluid mobility without stability.
- Similarities and differences between athletes from different sports and training levels.
- Kolby goes in depth with how on a kinesthetic level, all athletes need to master and overcome the same obstacles to progress their game.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What would be your walk up song?
Jump Around by House of Pain
If you could play 18 holes with anyone, who would it be and where would you play?
My father at Augusta.
Do you have any parting advice for the 18 Strong Community?
It’s never too late to get in the best shape of your life.
Kolby Tullier can be found at the following links:
Joey D Golf Performance Center
Connect with 18STRONG
Facebook Page Twitter Profile Instagram Profile
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!