What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? Join us as Lindsay Manion shares his expertise as both a world class golf fitness professional and a former champion collegiate golfer. In today’s episode, Lindsay gives us an in inside look at the benefits of warming up properly for your round and how it changed her golf career.
Lindsay Manion is one of the top strength coaches for golfer in Canada, working with several collegiate teams, collegiate individuals, juniors, and professional golfers. Her unique look at preparing the body for the course is supported not only by her success as a collegiate golfer, but in the success and personal stories of her clients.
You Can Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes by clicking the button below:
Lindsay Manion’s Background
- Head Strength Coach at the Tour Performance Lab in Vancouver, BC
- Former collegiate golfer with 3 Canadian Championships and 1 United States title (NAIA)
- TPI Certified golf fitness professional and Level 2 Junior Coach
- Graduated with a degree in Human Kinetics from UBC (University of British Columbia)
- Head strength coach for the UBC men’s and women’s golf team
Highlights from this Episode
- Lindsay recaps her experience going to the 2015 US Open at Chambers Bay
- We discuss the the importance of warming up properly for your round of golf
- Lindsay shares her personal experiences as a player and how learning to warm-up properly changed her career as a golfer
- With a properly executed and well thought out warm-up routine, there is a high correlation to playing better and hitting the ball farther off the tee.
- We discuss some of the research around warm-up routines and some of the best exercises and drills you can perform before hitting the tee.
- What can you do even if you are limited on time and have to rush to the 1st tee?
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
What are you excited about in your near future?
- Lindsay has a lot of younger players traveling to competitions in the near future.
- She is playing in some competitive events coming up
- Lindsay has 2 clients (The Canadian Ninja’s) on the Golf Channel’s new show “Altered Course”
Where to Find Lindsay Manion
- Facebook: Lindsay Manion
- Twitter: @lmanion13
- The Tour Performance Lab
Other Links Mentioned
Article on Ben Langdown and Jack Wells research on Warming-Up