What does it take to make your workouts and golf game 18STRONG? In this episode, Neal Hausch shares his experiences from his facility, Golf Fitness Plus, in Akron Ohio where he works with golfers from the junior to elite levels.
Neal provides a unique few on the concept of “cardio” training based not only on his experience in the gym but also in the hospital setting where he works with cardiopulmonary patients, and thus has an extensive background in the effects of exercise on the lungs and heart.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Neal’s Hausch’s Background
- Undergraduate degrees in Biology and Sport Science from Malone University in 2004
- Received a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Akron, 2007
- During that time, he spent numerous clinical hours in the fields of physical therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, and cardiac testing
- Certified Clinical Exercise Specialist through the American College of Sports Medicine
- TPI Certified Golf Fitness Instructor
Highlights from this Episode
- Neal Tells the incredible story of how he started Golf Fitness Plus and ended up winning the equipment from the TPI’s facility in Oceanside, California.
- Over the past several years, many tour players have made their way through the doors of Golf FItness Plus around the time of the WGC Bridgestone Invitational, which is held at Firestone Country Club.
- We talk about what the guys were doing this past year during this week and how each had a little different approach to their workouts that week.
- Neal breaks down “cardio” for us. What is it? Who should do it? And how.
- You will learn how to figure out how far to push yourself and when you’re not pushing yourself enough.
- Neal explains why he likes using the treadmill for sprints, but also gives some other options that you can use.
- Neal prefers using sprints (or high intensity intervals, we use the term interchangeably) lasting no longer than 60 seconds.
- If you want to go longer, don’t, make it harder (ie. more resistance, higher speed, more incline, etc.)
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
What are you excited about in your near future?
Neal is starting an elite group at Golf Fitness Plus, which is basically a group of dudes that are serious about taking their game to another level, but also learning about the reasons WHY and HOW.
Where to Find Neal Hausch?
Website: Golf Fitness Plus
Facebook: Golf Fitness Plus
Other Links/Resources Mentioned