This week we have a very special guest on the show, Pam Owens. Pam has more than twenty-four years of fitness experience with a specialization in golf-specific fitness training since 2007. She is passionate about powering up others to find their best in health and fitness. She employs simple, historically-successful, and scientifically based programs. Her nutrition and fitness coaching is results-based and constantly evolves to incorporate the best tools and methods available to help you reach your destination.
Pam’s mission is to work as a team alongside golf instructors and medical professionals to achieve success for golfers. Using sound scientific research and over 20 years of experience, her customized training programs maximize power and decrease risk of injury to enable a sustained high level of play for many years.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Pam Owens’ Background
- Pam is the first Level-3 Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Golf Fitness Professional in Texas.
- Pam is an industry leader in results-based training, designing fitness programs and nutrition coaching for golfers.
- Pam conducts group fitness classes and stretching clinics, gives educational presentations, is a frequent radio guest, and writes for golf publications with more than 70 articles published since 2007.
- Pam is the Fitness Director at Royal Oaks Country Club in Houston, TX.
- Pam joined Black Hawk Country Club to develop the fitness and golf fitness program before moving into the role of Director of Golf Fitness for the other local Escalante Golf golf properties, Golf Club of Houston, Shadow Hawk and BlackHorse Golf Clubs.
Highlights from this Episode
- Pam’s take on functional range conditioning, and specifically KINSTRETCH™– a class based teaching model of FRC™. We get into how this methodology has improved Pam’s fitness and mindset, and the results she sees with her clients.
- We discuss Pam’s experience as a Precision Nutrition coach and what action steps she would suggest for someone struggling with food and or weight issues.
- A few of the first things that Pam addresses with a client when she starts working with them.
- The importance of controlled articulated rotations (CARs), and doing them on a regular (daily) basis. We talk about different exercises you can do, why they are so important, and the effect they will have on fitness and performance.
- The difference between passive and active stretching, the pros and cons of each, and what purposes to use them for. We discuss a great method, via FRC, to lengthen hamstrings with a simple exercise.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
My grandfather, at a public course in Beaumont
What are you excited about in the near future?
Focusing on online training, to help the greatest amount of people get lasting results.
Where to find Pam Owens: