Sean Hutchison joins us in this episode to share his experiences in coaching world champion swimmers, brain science, mirror neurons, and why he is now speaking to the who’s who about creating better golfers.
Sean is the founder of IKKOS, a technology company that is changing the way we learn movement patterns. He shares with us how, in literally minutes, the brain has the ability to see something externally, process it as if it is our own body, and then perform that same movement better than before, using mirror neurons. “Back to the Future” kind of stuff, right!
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Sean Hutchison’s Background
- Former US Olympic swim coach
- Sean has trained some of the world’s top athletes, and is regarded as a coaches’ coach
- In addition, he is an experienced entrepreneur with a history of building outstanding teams, innovative products, and revolutionary systems for learning and training.
- Sean is the founder of Ikkos, an incredibly innovative piece of technology that allows you to tap into the power of your brain to create better movement in sport and function within minutes of work.
Highlights from this Episode
- Sean divulges some of the most influential people in his life that have helped him get to where is is now
- We discuss his background as a swimmer, then swim coach and some of the decisions and passions that helped him become a world class coach
- Sean explains some of the common characteristics that he noticed in the world class and Olympic medal athletes that he trained.
- He shares why he hates the word “talent”
- We delve into brain science and how his passion for learning more has now become a new venture for him by creating the company IKKOS
- IKKOS is a combination of mobile technology and recently understood brain science that uses the premise of mirror neurons to help you literally download the movement patterns that you see on TV to your brain and body!
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
One or 2 of the Most Influential People, Books, or Experiences in Your Life?
Walt Disney, DiVinci, Einstein, Hemingway (people of Mastery)
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
What are you excited about in your near future?
Helping people do things they didn’t think they could do.
Where to Find Sean Hutchison: