Today I am very excited to announce our guest; Trillium Rose. Trillium Rose is a certified teaching professional and Head Director of Instruction at Woodmont Country Club in Rockville, Maryland. An innovator and life-long learner, her knowledge of teacher effectiveness, mechanics and practice training have proven highly successful. She has improved the games of over 1,000 individuals who rely on her cutting-edge expertise, and honest, straight- forward approach.
Her area of expertise is in helping golfers develop their skills as quickly as possible and help them practice efficiently. She is highly skilled at designing and implementing curriculum’s that develop golf athletes with targeted practice plans.
She is an active member of the community and contributes her time to the First Tee and the Wounded Warriors to help provide access to golf to those who would otherwise not have the opportunity.
Trillium Rose’s Background
- She was recently honored as the 2017 Middle Atlantic PGA “Teacher of the Year,” and awarded a “Best Teacher in State” distinction
- Trillium has been elected as one of “America’s Best Young Teachers” by Golf Digest
- Trillium’s background includes five seasons working for and training under Jim McLean at the Jim McLean Golf School at Doral, focusing on swing mechanics
- She is a graduate of Teachers College, Columbia University with a master’s degree in Motor Learning and Control
- She also has a formal education in the science behind how people acquire and adapt skills
- Trillium has lectured on motor learning and control, been on numerous radio shows, appeared on television and has published been in top golf periodicals
Highlights from this Episode
- This episode is about fast tracking your improvement as a golfer, which is the premise of Trillium Rose’s new book. We talk about some of the key concepts that will be included in the book, that every golfer should be focusing on.
- The problem with splitting your attention between 4-5 techniques or teachers. In Trillium’s opinion, you should practice one training philosophy at a time, so that you can focus and hone in on that.
- How to make sure that the path you do choose, is actually the right path. Focusing and honing in on the wrong path can be detrimental to a golfer’s game, so we get into how to mitigate that risk.
- What Trillium would suggest to golfer’s who are short on time, or don’t have many opportunities to actually get on the course or the range as much as they’d like to.
- Some drills and warm ups that anyone can do prior to playing, to help maximize their performance during a round.
- Some apps and technologies that Trillium recommends to her students. There’s no need to get too technical, but some handy, easy to use apps can give you a ton of insight into how you’re actually swinging and playing.
What would be your “walk-up song” to the tee?
Ram Jam – Black Betty
What has you most excited moving forward?
My BodiTrak Golf System, which is a portable mat to record balance and weight distribution information and Center of Pressure (“COP”) during the golf swing.
Where to find Trillium Rose:
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.
PGATour Mobile App: http://www.pgatour.com/mobile.html
SuperSpeed Golf: Superspeedgolf.com
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!!