Dr. Troy Van Biezen was one major win away from the “Van Biezen Slam” this past year with 2 of his clients (Jordan Spieth and Zach Johnson) capturing 3 of the 4 Major titles in the year 2015 (Masters, Open Championship, US Open). Along with the 2 aforementioned golfers, Dr. Troy also works with several other very recognizable golfers including Rickie Fowler, Ryan Palmer, and Jason Dufner to name a few.
It’s obvious that Dr. Troy has experience working with and helping to create champions by getting them prepared and in optimal condition for their game. As a chiropractor with a very well-rounded approach to care and physical preparation, Troy’s expertise provides an integral piece in creating the off-course training programs, nutrition plans, and preventative care to keep these guys healthy during their grueling playing and travel seasons.
Dr. Troy Van Biezen also breaks down some of the main causes, treatments, and problems related to golfers and back pain.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Dr. Troy Van Biezen’s Background
- Chiropractor for the PGA Tour.
- Chiropractor for the Professional Arena Football Team; Dallas Desperados.
- Active Release Doctor for the Dallas Stars.
- Titleist Performance Institute Medical Professional Level 2.
- Chiropractor for the National Champion Junior Hockey Team; Texas Tornadoes.
- Chiropractor for the Triple AAA Midget Hockey Team; Dallas Stars.
- Certified by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Performance Enhancement Specialist.
- Board Certified by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Has been practicing in the DFW metroplex since 1997.
- Member of the American Chiropractic Sports Council and National Football League Professional Chiropractic Society. Member and Instructor for Professional Sports Care.
- Sports Biomechanics Certified*
Highlights from this Episode
- Troy shares his background from his days playing hockey in Canada and professionally in Europe.
- He talks about his experience working on the tour medical trailer for many years, traveling week to week with the players.
- We discuss his role in the players’ care and what his schedule looks like working with them during the season.
- Troy shares some stories of the guys (Jordan, Zach, Rickie, etc.) in the gym and some of the good natured competitive rivalries that they have.
- We go into some detail on different back issues that are often seen in golfers and what actions you may want to take if these apply to you:
- disc herniation
- degenerative discs
- general low back pain
- who should you see
- Dr. Troy gives some advice as to who you might want to see first if you have back pain or know you have one of the above issues.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
President George W. Bush
What are you excited about in your near future?
Spending time at home over the holidays!
Where to Find Dr. Troy Van Biezen
website: ChiroSport Specialists
Facebook: ChiroSport Specialists of Dallas
Other Links Mentioned
Episode 005 with Damon Goddard (“Working with Jordan Spieth”)
Episode 035 with Damon Goddard (“Training Jordan Spieth at the Masters”)