Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Jon Stabler. Jon is the co-founder of GolfPsych, which helps golfers using psychology to be happy, healthy and successful in all ways possible.
The GolfPsych System is based on over 36 years of Tour research and Tour experience. They have helped almost 400 PGA Tour, Champions Tour, and LPGA Tour Professionals.
Using these results and experiences they have refined their system of golf psychology training techniques to get the best results, in the shortest time.They have used these methods to help thousands of golfers, of all ages and abilities, to reach their personal goals.
In today’s episode, Jon walks us through all 8 of the Champion Traits!
Jon Stabler’s Background
- Jon is a co-researcher and co-author in the personality study of golfers and the resulting book, “The Eight Traits of Champion Golfers”,
- He has developed and conducted the GolfPsych group schools and Instructor training programs.
- Jon has worked with numerous players and college teams including TCU, SMU, A&M and Baylor.
Jon invented the patent pending Mind Meter used in GolfPsych schools & programs. It enables GolfPsych clients to quickly learn to manage emotions and attain optimum tension levels for golf.
Highlights from this Episode
- Jon’s background and how he eventually got into the world of mindset and personality as it relates to golf.
- The importance of the mental side of golf, and how your state of mind and personality can drastically alter the way you play, for better or worse.
- We look at what champion players have from a personality perspective, that is different from non-champion players.
- We walk through in detail, each of the 8 traits of personality that determine a champion golfer. The traits have been tested against a lot of players, from a lot of different tours, and they tend to be consistent across the board in terms of what makes a champion golfer.
- See the 8 Traits Chart below:
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with, and where?
Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan, Jordan Spieth at Pebble Beach
Where to find Jon Stabler:
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.
Skratch TV: SKRATCHTV.com
The greatest self soft-tissue and myofascial release products in the world!!
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!