Should you be using Hemp Oil to help your golf game? Today I am especially excited to bring on our special guest, Steve Patterson to answer all of your hemp oil questions (like is hemp oil and CBD oil the same thing?).
This is something that has become a front-of-mind topic in the world of sports, performance, and enhancement and our guest today, Steve Patterson, is a teaching PGA Professional and a representative for Functional Remedies, a top hemp oil company in the world.
Steve works with some of the top golfers of the Champions Tour and shares success stories of their use of Hemp Oil and how they are using it for aches, pains, focus, and even less anxiety on the course! In our talk today I wanted to get to all the pertinent questions you guys had for Steve on the issue.
We discuss his presentation at the World Golf Fitness Summit on Hemp Oil and its effects on golf, fitness, its application, the safety of use, and clearing the air on CBD Oil, Hemp Oil, and the stigma and confusion that persists on these topics.
Steve Patterson’s Background
- Steve is the Director of the EndoSport line of hemp oil products by Functional Remedies. He enjoys being an advocate he believes strongly in full spectrum hemp oil products as a natural wellness alternative that may assist in an athlete to reach their desired goal.
- Steve can proudly say that in just a couple of months in 2018, EndoSport was enthusiastically discovered and used by over 50 players on the PGA Tour and PGA Tour Champions. In 2019, the products will be introduced to players on the LPGA Tour.
- Steve was honored with the selection of presenting on the benefits of hemp oil at the 2018 World Golf Fitness Summit in Orlando, FL.
- Coming up in January 2019, Steve will be presenting along with PGA Tour Champions player Scott McCarron on the Titleist Performance Institute Golf Fitness, Wellness and Instruction stage at the PGA Merchandise Show.
- He has been a PGA Member since 1993 and just recently received Quarter-Century status with the PGA. He has won three PGA Section awards while serving in the Illinois and Colorado PGA Sections.
- Before joining EndoSport byFunctional Remedies, Steve served as a golf teaching professional at Hiwan Golf Club in Evergreen, CO.
Highlights from this Episode
- Steve kicks off the episode talking about both his background in golf, and his background in hemp oil; from using it to aid in his recovery from a knee injury to capitalizing on its growth and success in treatments through Functional Remedies.
- We clear the air and confusion surround CBD and hemp products as Steve differentiates CBD Oil vs. Hemp Oil; from their uses, benefits, and purposes
- Steve explains the “Entourage Effect” that comes from Hemp Oil and it’s synergistic compounds.
- He also answers some questions that you, the 18Strong audience, had in regards to Hemp Oil like possible side effects from use, different PGA and LPGA Tour players seeing benefits from the product and the rules surrounding use through the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
- Steve shares several resources that show the research behind the benefits claimed like echoconnection.org, as well as an upcoming study utilizing virtual reality to study effects.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore? Caddy Shack
What would your walk-up song to the first teebox be? Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf
18 Holes anywhere in the world with anyone, past or present: Where would it be and whom would you play? Jack Nicholas at Augusta
Any last piece of advice for the 18Strong Community? When you’re ready to experience the benefits that are possible with Hemp Oil, do your research!
For more information on Functional Remedies and Steve at:
Win a 1-year Membership to the 18STRONG ELITE:
From now until the end of the year, every week we are going to give 1 lucky person a FREE 1-year membership to 18STRONG ELITE. For a chance to win . . .
- Screenshot and share this podcast episode (or any 18STRONG episode) on Instagram or Facebook. Be sure to tag @18STRONG_ and use hashtags #18strong and #elite
- Comment and tag friends on any of our social media posts with the hashtags #18strong and #elite.
- Leave a rating and review for the podcast on iTunes* and do one of the following** . . .
- screenshot your review and share on Instagram or Facebook (use same tags as above)
- send a screenshot of your review to [email protected] with the subject “18STRONG ELITE”
*We know this takes a little more effort on your part, so we will reward those that leave a rating/review by making these worth a double entry.
**If you were kind enough to leave a rating/review in the past, just screenshot it and share or send it to us to qualify. (And thank you for already being awesome!)