It’s a beautiful Tuesday morning here in St. Louis. A perfect day to reveal and crush the thing that has been keeping you from reaching your goals. And you may not like the answer. But open your mind.
If you could call out the #1 enemy of your goals, what would it be?
There are so many to choose from:
- Not having enough time
- Lack of support
- Not knowing what to do
- Your genetics
- Beers and bourbon
The list goes on and on!
But what if I told you that none of those things are actually your enemy? (Seriously!)
That’s because…drumroll…the number one thing standing in between you and your goals is:
We can ALL get in our own way from time to time.
Here are just a few ways we let it happen:
- You haven’t made reaching your goals a true priority. This means you let your healthy habits slide when you’re stressed/tired/something more fun comes along.
- You have imposter syndrome. You don’t think you are worthy of your goals, which makes it easier to quit.
- You haven’t set yourself up for success. It’s super easy to get discouraged and quit when you don’t have a plan, support, accountability, etc.
- You think you don’t have the willpower. EVERYONE (and I mean EVERYONE) struggles from time to time. But when you know WHY your goal matters to you, willpower becomes irrelevant.
- You let one “slip” derail you. No one is perfect 24/7. The people who reach their goals get up after a slip-up. Dust themselves off. Figure out what went wrong. And get back at it!
Those are 5 self-sabotaging behaviors off the top of my head. There are dozens more.
BUT…knowing yourself and being aware of the ways that YOU tend to get in your own way, will help you to become even STRONGER. Perhaps, 18STRONGER.
What would happen if the next time you slipped up, you took some real time to think about the reasons why – without beating yourself up for it?
“Know that you are your greatest enemy, but also your greatest friend.” – Jeremy Taylor.
Your mindset makes all the difference.
Taking some real time to explore it – whether you do it by journaling, working with a coach, or talking with a trusted mentor or friend – can help you reconnect with the reasons your goals matter to you.
Because when your mindset is right, you can overcome just about any obstacle that is standing in your way!
Your #1 Fan,
PS – If you’re ready to stop getting in your own way. Are tired of stopping-starting. And finished rinse-repeating to failure. It’s time to join me and the rest of the Crew in the 18STRONG Membership (if you haven’t yet).
We’ll give you the step-by-step plan that has helped thousands of golfers who have come before you. If you’re ready, then Click Here to get started now.
You can do this – I know you can!