Welcome to the beginning of another great week! Man, it was great to see Jason Day win again yesterday – it’s hard to believe, but he hasn’t won in five years.
Speaking of the number five, this week, we’re going to focus on strength training our BIG 5:
If you start doing just ONE exercise from each category, you’re well on your way to total body domination.
So, what’s on today’s schedule?
Squats. In other words, leg day.
And I can already hear you…”I hate leg day!”
That all ends right now. I’m going to get you to love leg day. Because it is so friggin’ great for us.
Here’s why you never wanna skip leg day:
- When we exercise our largest muscles groups that happen to live in our lower body, we release hormones like testosterone and HGH, which helps us grow muscle EVERYWHERE.
- With so many muscles in our legs, we actually burn a lot of calories, which is great if you’re looking to lead out a bit.
- When we squat, we also strengthen our core, since we need those muscles to stabilize us as we’re moving.
- Working our lower body helps prevent imbalances, which helps protect our back, knees and ankles.
- Squats improve balance, since a stronger lower body will help sturdy us as we move throughout the day (and through 9, 18 or 36 holes).
Now, if it’s been a minute since you did leg day, take it slow. And do some assisted bodyweight squats.
With some consistency, you’ll move up to barbell squats. AND no DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). I promise.
Your #1 Fan,
PS – Heling golfers get strong is the specialty of the 18STRONG Membership.