Today I am especially excited to bring back on our special guests, Harry Sese, and Shane Lawlor.
One of the things that we love to do here at 18Strong is giving you a glimpse of what goes on on the tour. Trying to take the tour experience and bring it to you at home in your earbuds. This week we are going to do just that with two guys that have been traveling with golfers on the PGA tour as the medical staff for over a decade now: Dr. Harry Sese and Dr. Shane Lawlor. Both chiropractors working with PGA players as well as having clinics at home, that have come on to share their experiences with professionals and amateurs alike and the work they do that can directly apply to your golf game.
Dr. Harry Sese’s Background
- Graduated from Western State’s College of Chiropractic in 2007.
- Is a Master Instructor and former national champion in Taekwondo.
- He has traveled and taught with the Titleist Performance Institute and is now touring with PGA professionals including Graham McDowell, Jerry Kelly, Adam Hadwin, Jon Rahm, and many others.
- Harry’s Approach: The Goal is to play golf for as long as you want/can. Always keep an eye on your body and fitness to stay in peak condition for as long as possible.
Dr. Shane Lawlor’s Background
- Shane is Sports Chiropractor and an expert in the treatment, screening, and rehabilitation of golf injuries.
- He also has extensive post-graduate training in the treatment of sports & soft tissue injuries including lower back & functional rehabilitation.
- Shane has traveled with professional golfers on both the European & PGA Tours since 2009 and has worked with over 50 different tour pros.
- He consults to a number of elite amateur and professional golfers when he is off the tour.
Highlights from this Episode
- What their routine looks like being PGA golf docs to keep focused and ready to attend to their players, and what aspects of their traveling have they regimented to maintain their peak performance.
- The difference in structuring between their work on the road with professionals to their work from their home clinic with the every-day golfer. What aspects of their experience with the tour players they bring back to their amateur golfers.
- Their perspectives on both the new breed of athletic golfers and how golf is progressing to have more of a focus on the “athlete” rather than on the “golfer.”
- How the players on the Champions tour fitness regiments have changed over the years and what Harry and Shane see most from their older players that are both taking care of themselves and those that aren’t.
Any Last Piece of Advice?
Shane: Regular manual therapy can change everything for the athlete and golfer
Harry: If you’re coming in after there is a problem, all we can do is make it go away quicker. If you come in before, we can help build you up to prevent those issues.
Follow the Docs on social media:
@thegolfingdoc: Dr. Harry Sese Instagram
@golfchiro: Dr. Shane Lawlor
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.