Erik Anders Lang is a director and filmmaker that accidentally ended up finding the niche of creating content in the golf world, and like so many of us, he has developed a complete passion and enjoyment in the game.
As the director of multiple documentaries/films centering on the human condition and “why we do what we do,” Erik joins us today to talk about his experiences with his SKRATCH production “Adventures in Golf,” (now in it’s second season), how his passion for golf has evolved, and a look into his upcoming film “Be the Ball: The Movie”
Erik Anders Lang’s Background
- Erik is the host of SKRATCH’s “Adventures in Golf
- Erik has also created content for companies/personalities including Serato, Lois Vuitton, Pharrell Honda, MTV, and TED
- Erik is also the creator of the Vice Golf Ball commercials.
Highlights from this Episode
- Erik goes into detail about what brought him into his niche of Golf and Videography and how his passion for photography and the outdoors as a kid has led him to where he is now. He also speaks on the key differences between his directorial works behind the camera to moving to his leading role in front of the camera on “Adventures in Golf.”
- The candid details of how “Adventures in Golf” is produced, how they decide the theme and shoot the episodes, as well as some stories from his travels that didn’t make the cut for the show.
- He explains his upcoming “Be the Ball” film and how it ties golf to spirituality. From interviewing tour players to the likes of Deepak Chopra, he tells of his inspiration and vision for the piece and how it ties to his love of the game.
- The best piece of advice he could give to golfers, as well as what he has learned about the game of golf from traveling and playing all across the globe.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What is your walk-out song?
Easy Skanking by Bob Marley
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with?
I would play Ram Dass the author.
Where to find Erik Anders Lang:
SKRATCH TV: SKRATCH
SuperSpeed Golf: SuperSpeed Golf
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!