Better known as “The Golfing Doc”, Dr. Harry Sese, a chiropractic sports physician and performance coach specializing in injury rehabilitation and prevention, biomechanics and performance conditioning, joins us today to talk about how he approaches working with these professionals, how he approaches working with professionals at all ends of the spectrum regarding where they are in their career, as well as their responsibilities when it comes to keeping their health up to par with their game.
Dr. Harry Sese’s Background
- Graduated from Western State’s College of Chiropractic in 2007.
- Is a Master Instructor and former national champion in Taekwondo.
- He has traveled and taught with the Titleist Performance Institute and is now touring with PGA professionals including Graham McDowell, Jerry Kelly, Adam Hadwin, Jon Rahm, and many others.
- Harry’s Approach: The Goal is to play golf for as long as you want/can. Always keep an eye on your body and fitness to stay in peak condition for as long as possible.
Highlights from this Episode
- How he got the “Golf Doc” nickname by creating his own niche, how the founding of “Golfletica” fueled this, and how he broke into working with the tour players.
- He gives a play-by-play of how he works hands-on with the players in tandem with their other coaches as well as how he adapts his techniques to each player’s unique needs, be it position in life and their career to optimize their potential.
- He ties in his martial arts background into how he trains and treats players, how it has helped his mental game and teach that mindfulness to his clients, as well as the differences in training, and the trap of training for the aesthetic appeal rather than training to play and perform better.
- Some of the biggest issues and mistakes he sees golfers making regarding the fitness aspect and how they approach getting better for the game through working on their body and the necessity to work under a golf coach/trainer so as to avoid possible injuries from working with someone who doesn’t know what training can hinder the average golfer.
- His predictions on the stable of golfers through Golfletica in the coming seasons.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What is your walk-out song?
I’ve Got the Power by Snap
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with and what course would you play?
I would play Brue Lee at Pebble Beach
What would be your parting advice to impart on the 18Strong Community?
If you’re struggling with your game, work on your body as well.
Where to find Dr. Harry Sese
The greatest self soft-tissue and myofascial release products in the world!!
Connect with 18STRONG
Facebook Page Twitter Profile Instagram Profile
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!