Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Frank Duffy. Frank is the Director of Performance at Par Four Performance and the owner of Frank Duffy Fitness. He has assessed and worked with hundreds of individuals from different walks of life. From Major League Baseball pitchers looking to stay healthy throughout their season, to the elderly grandmother just trying to live a pain-free lifestyle, he has been lucky enough to observe and learn from every single client that he’s ever encountered.
Frank takes the view that every day is a new opportunity to practice, experiment, and learn, which allows him to fine-tune his coaching skills.
He firmly believes that in order to achieve our goals, we need to keep ourselves healthy. Whether your goal is to shoot under 80 on the golf course or play with your kids pain-free, it all starts with an educated approach to training.
Frank Duffy’s Background
- While Frank’s life has always revolved around sports, he wasn’t introduced to strength training until he was 14 years old.
- In high school, Frank played both baseball and basketball, before dedicating himself strictly to baseball, which he went on to play at Queens College.
- After two years playing baseball, he decided to hang up his spikes to focus on his degree in Exercise Science & Nutrition, receiving his Bachelor’s degree in May of 2015.
- It was in the Queens College weight room where he found his passion in the field of fitness. It’s all about getting people to commit to small habits and working on a few things every single day to get better control of your joints and body.
- Frank started Par Four Performance with Co-Founder Joe Gambino DPT as a way to help golfers enhance their mobility and strength with the intention of creating better perofrmance and longevity in their game.
- The mission is not so much to create scratch golfers as it is to keep them on the course, help them feel better, and simply enjoy the game more.
Highlights from this Episode
- How the golf swing is a very unnatural movement and makes the body move in ways that it really isn’t meant to move in.
- A breakdown of what a session with Frank Duffy looks like, and how he views strength, mobility, and fitness in general. Frank goes through his workout step by step, and what he sees working best for golfers among other athletes.
- How Frank incorporates Functional Range Conditioning (FRC) and Kinstretch principles in his training, and why it’s so important.
- What PAILs and RAILs are, and how to incorporate them into your training to improve movement in your joints.
- Body control and how with some extra effort and hard work, people can tap into movements and potential that they didn’t realize they had. Better body control equals better golf.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What would be your walk up song to the tee?
Brently Gilbert – Kick it in the Sticks
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with, and where?
John Daly at St Andrews
What has you most excited moving forward?
Working with my coach, because it’s important for everyone to have accountability. Also, launching our online coaching segment for Par 4 Performance.
Where to find Frank Duffy:
Online Kinstretch Class: http://parfourperformance.com/kinstretch
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.
Skratch TV: SKRATCHTV.com
The greatest self soft-tissue and myofascial release products in the world!!
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!