Frank Nash runs one of the most successful training facilities around. His 5,000 square foot facility in Worcester, MA, Frank Nash Training Systems, is especially known, not just for the successes that the clients achieve, but for the sense of community and family that has bee created there!
If you don’t know Frank, you should check out his website, ByFrankNash.com, and you’ll soon figure out Frank is not your average fitness guy! He’s an artist, a speaker, a teacher, and much more! And today, Frank shares with us what his team calls the 5 Pillars of Success.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Frank Nash’s Background
Here is Frank’s description of himself in his own words:
“Mega Fitness Rock Star, Entrepreneur (Owner of Frank Nash Training Systems), Mid-90s Rap Junkie. Artist, Risk Taker, Mistake Maker, Tats, Lats, Comic Books, Pop Culture Ninja, Waffle Making Wizard, Puppy Breath Inhaling, Occasional Bourbon Sippin’, Chuck Taylor Wearing, and WU-Tang Forever.
As for his professional Bio:
- Frank Nash is one of the most in-demand and exciting coaches, writers and presenters in the Fitness industry today.
- Best Selling Author and International Speaker/Personality
- He currently spends his time lecturing, teaching, training and writing and as the owner of Frank Nash Training Systems in Worcester, MA.
- For the past 18 years Frank has been committed to achieving excellence in the field of Fitness Training and Performance Enhancement.
- Frank’s true passion lies within weight loss and lifestyle coaching. He calls this “life changing” Training.
- He helped “pioneered” what is today called “Small Group Training” (a form of personal training where the members share the time and cost of the trainer).
- Frank’s passion for excellence has driven him to help thousands of individuals succeed and to build what has been called “one of the most successful training clubs” in the world.
- Frank recently partnered with fellow rockstar Rick Mayo and created the “Secret Trainer Society“, a roundtable leadership group specific to “Training Clubs.”
Highlights from this Episode
- Frank breaks down his background in sports, the fitness world and how he went from cleaning towels and benches at an empty Golds Gym in the late 90’s to running one of the most successful training clubs in the world, Frank Nash Training Systems.
- Frank Breaks down his 5 Pillars of Success.
- He believes these are the key to getting better not just for golf and fitness, but stick to these and life is good!
- Attitude: If you don’t have the right attitude, all is lost. You can change your attitude at any given moment. You can either go through life pissed and miserable, or you can appreciate what you have and be excited to work hard toward your goals. You decide.
- Nutrition: Sounds pretty basic right? It is. Most people just don’t put enough faith and effort into it. Most people don’t know what real food is! Getting your nutrition on point affects every part of your body and brain. Don’t overlook the importance of it.
- Exercise: Again, pretty basic, but as Frank put it to me off the air, “Jeff, eventually people gotta just lift some heavy sh**!” No matter what, you gotta move. Even if you don’t have the picture perfect, expertly designed program, you gotta get off your butt and move to keep your body happy, energized and resistant to breakdown.
- Supplementation: No matter how great we think we are with our diet (see above, most of us are not) we simply can’t get everything that is optimal for our nutrition with the food we eat. Having a decent supplementation program in place will fill the gaps. Franks suggestion is that most people should use a multivitamin, a fish oil, and some sort of protein shake in order to up their protein levels to about 1g per pound of lean muscle mass. [Eg. if your lean muscle mass (your bodyweight minus fat) is 160lbs., you should get 160g of lean protein in each day).
- Accountability/Coaching: This one is a game changer. This is the one that kicks your butt in gear and gets you to your goals faster. Whether it’s a fitness coach, a workout partner, or whatever, the best in the world (at anything) all have coaches to keep them at the top of their game.
- Frank explains what he has his in season recreational golfers doing at the gym and at home.
- He talks about some of his favorite people in the industry and who he looked up to getting into this business.
- If he could put a billboard anywhere in the world, it would read: #BeDopeToday
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
CaddyShack (but he would easily go Billy Madison if the option was available)
One or 2 of the Most Influential People, Books, or Experiences in Your Life?
High School football
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
Stan Lee (Comic Book God) at Pebble Peach
What are you excited about in your near future?
Changing the world of fitness.
Where to Find Frank Nash:
Facebook: Frank Nash Training Systems
Other Links Mentioned
Here is the intro video from Franks website, which had me giggling the entire time. . .