Today I am very pleased to announce our guest; Ali Gilbert. Ali serves as Partner of the Greenwich DX Sports Labs and is their Director of Performance. With her unique, multi-faceted approach to performance training, she is able to combine all relevant physical and technical details into one thorough, scientific approach towards performance-based strength and conditioning.
As a former collegiate soccer standout, Ali has been committed to achieving excellence in the field of performance training for over a decade. She has become highly sought after for unconventional approach to golf fitness that includes the “Triangle of Performance”- assessing the physical. nutritional and hormonal aspect of performance training. This unique approach with her background in hormone optimization redefines what her definition for golf performance truly is.
Ali has presented on Golf Fitness & Performance Training for the National Strength and Conditioning Association, the Metropolitan PGA, and various golf clubs around the country.
Subscribe to the 18STRONG Podcast on iTunes and stitcher by clicking the button below:
Ali Gilbert’s Background
- Ali’s clientele includes PGA Tour players, celebrities, politicians, teaching professionals as well as recreational and competitive amateurs of all levels.
- Ali holds a B.S. in exercise science from Springfield College, is a Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Level 3 Fitness Professional and Juniors Coach, a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA, FMS Certified Level II, Precision Nutrition coach, specializes in various manual Neuromuscular Reactivation Techniques, and is certified in Golf Biomechanics by K-Motion.
- She also serves on the Sports Performance University’s Advisory Board which has been chosen by the Olympic Council of Asia to develop their instructor’s golf performance training protocols.
Highlights from this Episode
- Why men tend to have lower testosterone these days than in previous decades. We talk about why testosterone is important for men, and a few indicators that could mean someone has low testosterone.
- The effect that stress has on depletion of energy and testosterone, and what you can do to minimize it.
- How walking and low intensity cardio can be highly beneficial to reducing stress and keeping your body in check. High intensity is not always better.
- The effect of plastics, alcohol and other everyday items that can reduce testosterone and overall performance. We also talk about a few foods and supplements you can eat to increase
- Specific exercises everyone should be doing at the gym, and the importance of lifting heavy.
CaddyShack or Happy Gilmore?
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
My mom, at Aviara
What are you most excited about moving forward?
To deliver the message that it’s ok for men to talk about testosterone, and what they can do to improve their testosterone levels and wellness in general.
Where to find Ali Gilbert:
Looking to get your blood tested?
We are super excited to let you know that we have partnered up with the team at Greenwich Diagnostics Sports Lab to bring their amazing testing capabilities to you, the listeners of The 18STRON Podcast!
In order to find out more, simply head over to their inquiry page and send a note to Michael. Be sure to tell him you heard about them on the 18STRONG Podcast and they’ll take extra special care of you ?
You can contact them by clicking this link: Greenwich Diagnostics Sports Lab