Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Andrew Hannon. Andrew is a personal trainer and fitness professional and golf fitness instructor with Premier Fitness Systems.
Andrew is a huge proponent of golf fitness and performance and believes that the general public can benefit from the techniques and concepts of golf fitness training through mobility, flexibility, and dynamic movement, while still combining traditional strength and athletic movements. Andrew’s view on health and fitness is not necessarily about looking ripped or toned year round with high-intensity workouts, but about a lifestyle change through active habits, maintainable nutritional choices, and a healthy mindset of self-worth.
Andrew loves working with all types of people and enjoys creating valuable interpersonal relationships that can help clients exceed their goals. He enjoys learning about his clients to ensure a fun, motivational and fulfilling workout.
Andrew Hannon’s Background
- Andrew started as an athlete in a small town in Kansas where he participated in three sports in high school.
- His sports career continued at Baker University where he played baseball and basketball.
- During that time Andrew began to find his true passion for fitness and performance.
- While majoring in Exercise Science his knowledge on fitness and health continued to grow.
- Andrew is a TPI certified trainer and works with golfers of all levels from amateur, recreational, professional, as well as other individuals simply looking to move better and get stronger.
Highlights from this Episode
- Andrew shares his background growing up as a baseball and basketball player ans how he ended up getting into the fitness business, eventually making his way to Arizona to specialize working with golfers.
- We talk about some of the bigger pieces a golfer needs to pay attention to when thinking about golf fitness and mobility. Andrew looks at three main things whenever he starts consulting with a new client: how well they hinge, their pelvis, and what they do with their feet.
- How to get clients to ‘buy in’ to working on certain movements that are really important to work on, but may not be quite as exciting as jumping right into lifting heavy weights.
- Why people have such a resistance to warming up properly when they get to the range or course. Andrew sees so many golfers who have injured themselves, and it can largely be prevented with a decent warm up. We talk about a few simple exercises that anyone can do before they start swinging a club.
- To see some of Andrew’s warm-up videos, go to his Instagram feed.
- We talk about Andrew’s three main pillars of health and fitness, and how everyone can apply them to live a better life. They are:
- create active habits
- maintainable nutritional choices
- a healthy mindset of self-worth.
- We discuss the importance of finding something that interests you and that specifically addresses what you want, need, will adhere to in order to become your best self and enjoy the process of getting better!
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What would be your walk up song to the tee?
Nelly – Country Grammar
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with, and where?
Jackie Robinson at Eagle Bend in Lawrence, Kansas
What has you most excited moving forward into 2017?
We just had our first golf performance workshop at PFS, and it was really successful. I’m looking forward to doing more of them, and learning more as I go.
Where to find Andrew Hannon:
Other links from this episode:
PGA Tour Mobile App: Find the version you need HERE! (iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Blackberry)
RAD Roller: RADroller.com
Get a copy of Jeff’s Best-Selling Book: “The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout”
Get your very own 18STRONG t-shirt
Check out the 18STRONG Complete At Home Warm-Up Video and Cheat Sheet
Check out the 18STRONG Flexibility Guide
Check out the 18STRONG e-Book and Video Series: 5 Yards in Less Than 5 Minutes
Connect with 18STRONG
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!!