Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Kevin Hendry. Kevin is a partner and director of education at RAD Roller – a set of massage tools that provide controlled, acute point release, move waste materials out of your soft tissue and encourage proper spinal alignment.
You will not find anyone more abreast of the research regarding topics such as mobility, myofascial release, pain and performance and this translates into RAD Roller’s innovative methods. When Kevin isn’t spending time changing the way self-myofascial release is performed in gyms, locker rooms, and rehab settings, he works as a strength coach and manual osteopath in Vancouver, Canada.
Kevin Hendry’s Background
- Based in Vancouver, Canada, Kevin Hendry is the Director of Education for RAD Roller and the Director of Movement & Manual Therapy at Innovative Fitness.
- He is a Practicing Kinesiologist, Strength & Conditioning Coach and is currently pursuing a graduate degree in Osteopathy.
- Kevin has a decade of experience coaching and he consults with BC Hockey League Players, NCAA Division 1 athletes, NHL hockey players, CFL football players, Canadian National Team athletes.
- His athletic background revolved around team sports growing up including baseball, basketball and soccer and he is a provincial champion in each.
- He is an avid traveler and has been to 30 countries on 6 continents.
Highlights from this Episode
- How RAD Roller (a fascial release and massage tool) works, and how it can help golfers to move better.
- We discuss different techniques, like:
- Point Release
- Compress > Shear > Lengthen
- The importance placed on fascia and how it is potentially overstated these days. Fascia is one component of mobility and Kevin helps to deconstruct the elements and the importance of each.
- We talk about the specifics of who tools like RAD Roller are for, and how they can use them. There are important things to take into account before someone uses a tool like this, which we get into, but if used correctly can be a key component for increasing mobility.
- The big 3:
- The ‘flushing’ technique, and how it can be applied using fascial release tool to help with circulation.
- Some of the different RAD Roller products, and how they can be used specifically for improving someone’s golf swing.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What would be your “walk-up song” to the tee?
Gettin’ It by Too $hort, or Walk by Pantera
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with, and where?
Elon Musk, with John Daly caddying, at Pebble Beach
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
Where to find Kevin Hendry:
RAD Roller: https://www.radroller.com/
RAD Roller Education: http://radroller.com/education
Other links mentioned:
Get a copy of Jeff’s Best-Selling Book: “The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout”
Get your very own 18STRONG t-shirt
Check out the 18STRONG Complete At Home Warm-Up Video and Cheat Sheet
Check out the 18STRONG Flexibility Guide
Check out the 18STRONG e-Book and Video Series: 5 Yards in Less Than 5 Minutes
Connect with 18STRONG
18STRONG’s Facebook Page
18STRONG’s Twitter Profile
18STRONG’s Instagram Profile
Join The 18STRONG Movement!
If you listened to the very end of this episode, then you know that there is a movement happening in golf and fitness. To join, simply follow this link to the private Facebook group and ask to join! Once you’re accepted, you are officially part of The 18STRONG Movement! Introduce yourself to the group and let’s get connected!!