Today I am very excited to announce our guest, Olly Foster.
Olly is the developer of the Action Reaction Training (ART) program. After seeing so many ungoverned training and nutritional plans that simply offered no support or guidance, he decided he had to take things into his own hands.
Olly’s fitness journey began at the age of fourteen, after coming last in a school cross country race. Disappointed with his performance, he signed up to the local gym where his love of fitness began.
With a degree in nutrition and over fifteen years of training experience Olly is the go to fitness coach for many other fitness professionals who want to learn from the best in the business and expand their knowledge.
With the ART program, Olly has now opened up this knowledge to anyone who is willing to learn.
Olly has also recently picked up the game of golf and is hooked. He plays and practices as much as his schedule will allow and has even made some adjustments in his training routines to make sure he is preparing his body for the links.
Olly Foster’s Background
- At the age of seventeen Olly was signed for a semi-pro rugby league heading towards a promising pro career, however at eighteen injury, struck ending his sporting dream.
- Over the following fifteen years, Olly dedicated his life to professional studies and working to become a renowned figure in the fitness industry.
- Olly is a successful fitness model and senior personal trainer at the world renowned Ultimate Performance, appearing on multiple fitness magazine covers including Men’s Health and Muscle & Fitness multiple times.
- He is passionate about sharing his knowledge and helping others attain their lifestyle goals.
Highlights from this Episode
- Olly’s background in Rugby, and how he ultimately decided to shift his focus after an injury.
- We talk about the Action Reaction Training (ART) program that Olly developed, and how it helps people to achieve their body transformation. Olly places a big focus on teaching people to motivate and educate themselves, rather than ‘spoon feeding’ them the information.
- The importance of nutrition, and how anyone can come up with a healthy meal plan that is suited to them.
- Olly’s take on ketosis (high fat/low carb), and how people can use it to shift the way their body burns energy. After 1-2 weeks of ketosis, Olly’s students often report having much more physical and mental energy throughout the day.
- The most important things Olly gets new clients doing in the gym. He generally always starts with hip mobility and getting the glutes firing. Most people’s lifestyle today makes them very restricted in these areas.
- How Olly has come to take up golf, and how he approaches the game.
- We run through a hypothetical case study of a golfer looking to improve their fitness to optimize their game. Olly talks about the exercises and movements he would get the person to do and the nutrition they should focus on.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What is your weakness when it comes to food and nutrition?
Peanut M&M’s – I eat about 150 grams of them every day!
What is one habit that you adopted that has made you successful?
Time blocking. Making a plan to spend time on the important things, and stick to it. I know exactly what my day looks every day when I get up.
Who would you like to spend a day on the course with?
Tiger Woods at Augusta
Where to find Olly Foster:
Website: Action Reaction Training
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you may have, head over the 18STRONG Facebook page.
Get a copy of Jeff’s Best-Selling Book: “The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout”
Get your very own 18STRONG t-shirt
Check out the 18STRONG Complete At Home Warm-Up Video and Cheat Sheet
Check out the 18STRONG Flexibility Guide
Check out the 18STRONG e-Book and Video Series: 5 Yards in Less Than 5 Minutes
Connect with 18STRONG
18STRONG’s Facebook Page
18STRONG’s Twitter Profile
18STRONG’s Instagram Profile
Today’s episode is sponsored by RADRoller.com