This week, we’re going to mix it up with our very first in-person interview with my buddy Tony Soaib.
Tony is a world-class Strength Coach and Nutritional Expert that has worked with professionals at the highest level of sport, military, and business. This is Tony’s 2nd time on the show (Episode 140).
Tony and I work together on a daily basis and he has been an integral advisor for me and 18STRONG over the years. We thought it would be fun to give you a glimpse of what our daily conversations look like and take some questions from the listeners. , so you can get to know us at 18STRONG a little better.
Tony Soaib’s Background
- Tony is a strength coach and nutrition specialist, who has worked with major league athletes mainly across hockey and baseball
- He played college Baseball before he started his consulting and coaching career
- He has presented at national conferences and written for major publications.
Highlights from this Episode
- Tiger Woods picking himself to be captain of the Presidents Cup and the costs and benefits to coaching and playing.
- Bryson DeChambeau’s bulking and whether or not the mentality is right and are their benefits that translate to the game of golf.
- The Netflix movie Game Changers based on Plant-based eating and Tony’s thoughts on if diet makes the player.
- Tony’s new “hobby” sport and both what drew him to it and how it is shaping his workout.
- Which supplements, like creatine, Tony would suggest for building muscle and when/where to implement it to both use it correctly and get the most out of it based on your workout schedule. He also dives into his thoughts on the post-workout protein shake.
- Ways to improve squat and deadlift while suffering from an ankle injury.
- What the best time of the day to exercise is.
- The balance between strength and flexibility when it comes to the golf swing and the importance of measuring each analytically
- How to train your swing speed through general strength workouts and lat workouts.
- How to alter your golf workout through the off-season, pre-season, and in-season.
- How many days a week should a senior do strength training, and how much upper and lower body?
SuperSpeed Golf: Use the code “18STRONG” at SuperSpeedGolf.com
LINKSOUL: For your 20% discount on LINKSOUL gear, go to 18strong.com/linksoul or click the logo below.